The whole purpose of the curative & rehabilitation services core process is to ensure the delivery of primary health care services throughout the region. Hence, key activities of the process are summarized as follow,
- Annual planning: this annual work plan is extracted from the strategic plan/health sector development plan of the sector which will be implemented in the coming 5 years.
- Advocacy of programs: One of the activities of the process is to advocate for effective utilization of different health programs like IMNCI, STI, HCT, PMTCT, ART, DOTS etc. that contribute to the health of the nations at large.
- Strengthening partnership: Since the health problem of the people in the region is not the one the can be tackled alone, it demands strong & genuine partnership.
- Manuals, standard operation procedures & guidelines: Development/revision of Manuals, standard operation procedures & guidelines for different health service programs.
- Capacity Building: updating of the knowledge & skill of the health workers functioning at the regional, zonal, woreda, hospital, health center & health post level with the current initiatives & health care practices. Ensuring that health facilities of the region are well equipped with modern pharmaceuticals & functional medical equipments is also one key activity of the process.
- Mentorship of Clinical Services at all levels (hospitals & Health Centers): There are six case teams in Hospitals and three case teams in health centers to give clinical services for any body in need of the service.
- Supportive Supervision: Since supportive supervision is invaluable to improve the achievements of the health care system, the modern & purely supportive approach of supervision considered to improve the health of our nations.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: To check out whether activities are going according to their plan of action or not, regular monitoring and evaluation are also taken as a corner stone of this process. Report: complete & timely reporting of all health programs relevant to this process.